Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blueberries!

This ice cream picture looks nasty. I made this ice cream twice, and both times my freezer quit working, the ice cream melted and then re-froze. I don't think that my freezer likes blueberry ice cream! It was a beautiful, creamy purple color before it melted. I hope that this doesn't make you gag! I just couldn't post without a picture.

Fresh Blueberry Ice Cream~

2 cups heavy cream
1 cup half & half
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed)
3/4 cup granulated sugar

1. In a food processor, puree the blueberries.
2. Pour blueberries into a fine mesh sieve over a medium bowl. Push the blueberry puree into the bowl to strain the seeds out.
3. In the bowl, add the cream, half & half and sugar with the blueberry puree.
4. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
5. Pour into your ice cream maker.
6. Churn for 30 minutes or until it's a firm soft-serve consistency.
7. Put into a container and freeze until firm.



My Conclusion ~


Creamy, refreshing flavor. Easy to scoop. Has a really great fresh blueberry taste.


Reviews ~

Mr. Brown Chick: Loves it, it's very creamy.
Tween Chick: Doesn't like blueberries, won't try it.
Young Chick: Loves it's! Yummmmmm...
Baby Chick: Gobbles it up.

2 comments: