Sunday, July 19, 2009

Nutella Ice Cream


1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups nutella
1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts

1. Mix cream, milk, and nutella until completely blended.
2. Add to ice cream maker and process for 15-25 minutes, until the ice cream reaches a soft serve consistency.
3. Either add chopped hazelnuts to the ice cream maker, or mix in after transferring to a freezer safe container.
4. Freeze until firm.

Conclusion

The flavor was GREAT - afterall, how can you go wrong with NUTELLA! Unfortunately, once again my ice cream maker whipped too much air into the ice cream, making it less dense than I would like. I think if I made this again I would do 50/50 on cream and nutella, and use maybe 1/4 cup of chopped hazelnuts.

Reviews

Yellow Chick: Good flavor - but not quite dense enough.
Mr. Yellow Chick: Doesn't like hazelnuts or nutella... so I didn't really ask. :)

1 comment:

  1. If I stop eating now, and don't eat anything until October 13th, can you feed me nothing but ice cream for the 4 days I'll be there?

    ReplyDelete