Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Review Of Caramel Apple Ice Cream

Last week I made Yellow Chick's Caramel Apple Ice Cream.

My Conclusion~

When I put the ingredients together, it didn't taste sweet enough, so I added 1/4 a cup of granulated sugar. But the end result still wasn't sweet enough for me. I would probably add another 1/4 cup of sugar to it. I also added just a pinch of salt to bring out the flavors. I used a whole can of the caramel. I like a lot of caramel. I think it could use some more, maybe two whole cans. It didn't taste very apple-like to me. I used Langer's frozen apple juice concentrate. I wonder if there was a difference in sweetness/apple taste between that brand and the brand that Yellow Chick used. There was a definite buttery taste, which I like. The texture was good, a little icy (probably from the apple juice), but that wasn't a big deal. Even after it was frozen it was easy to scoop. If I make it again I'll try to find a way to infuse more apple flavor into it. Maybe some apple pieces? If you have any suggestions, let me know, I'm all ears!

Mr. Brown Chick: Thought it could use even more caramel. Likes it.
Tween Chick: Doesn't like caramel and apple together, so she only tasted it and didn't like it.
Little Chick: "Yum!" Ate it every day until it was gone. Whined when it was gone.
Baby Chick: Likes it.

1 comment:

  1. You might try this!

    http://www.spicesetc.com/product/546/6

    ReplyDelete