Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fresh Bananas






Fresh Banana Ice Cream~


3 very ripe bananas
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup half & half
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon banana flavoring

1. In a medium bowl, use an immersion blender to puree the bananas.
2. Add lemon juice and blend well.
3. Add in the cream and half & half and blend well.
4. Add sugar and banana flavoring and blend until sugar is dissolved.
5. Put into the refrigerator until well chilled.
6. Turn your ice cream maker on and pour the mixture into it.
7. Churn until the mixture is a firm soft-serve.
8. Put into a container and freezer several hours until firm.


My Conclusion~

Smooth and creamy. I think it needs more banana flavor and some vanilla to balance it out. I would probably add another teaspoon of the banana flavoring as well as a teaspoon of vanilla. Maybe a pinch of salt to bring out the flavors as well.


Reviews~

Mr. Brown Chick: "Tastes like frozen bananas."
Tween: "I don't want to try it, I don't like bananas that much."
Little Chick: "I totally love it!"
Baby Chick: Tasted it and wanted more. Enough said!

1 comment: